Went online to initiate a request. My side by side refrigerator/freezer is having an issue with the valve that sends water into the freezer to fill the auto icemaker's ice tray.

I looked it up on line and it's about a $65 valve that's not too hard to replace myself if I need to.  I paid extra when I bought the warranty for the refrigerator coverage.  A Sears repairman called me the day they were supposed to show up and said that he was familiar with AHW so he decided to call them before coming out to see if that valve was covered.  He said he spoke to a Rinaldo I believe who told him this valve was not covered under the warranty.

He said Sears wants them to come out and collect the $65 deductible, to then tell me it's not covered, but he wasn't comfortable doing that.  So a pat on the back for this guy for being a good honest guy in a world full of selfish scam artists, liars and thieves.  So I call AHW and talk to a Carlos who tells me the beverage dispenser isn't covered.  I said the beverage dispenser on the door of my refrigerator is not what the problem is and that it works.

I explained that the valve that sends water into the freezer to fill the ice tray needs to be replace because it leaks slowly and the tube inside the freezer ends up freezing solid so no more water can get through to fill the tray.  He said they only cover the ice maker if it's not making ice.  I told him again, it's NOT making ice because it can't get water!  He said it's not covered.

So I said even though I am holding your warranty book in my hand, and that it specifically states that EVERYTHING is covered except the ice CRUSHER, beverage dispenser, and other unrelated items like the racks/shelves and insulation, that you are stating that you will not cover this fill valve?  He put me on hold for about 5 minutes to "check" and came back and said sorry sir, that is not covered.  Evidently they are one of those companies that take your money and deny your claims hoping you'll give up.

Where's Erin Brockovich when you need her? Stay away from this company or accept the risk of denied legitimate claims.

Review about: First American Home Warranty Refrigerator Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Had an Experience with First American Home Warranty?

Comments