First American Home Warranty - First American Does Not Care

138 of 360 First American Home Warranty reviews

I contacted first american a week ago because I stepped onto a wet carpet in my bedroom.My hot water tank located behind a panel in my closet was rusted out at the bottom and leaking.

I have had to shut my water off at the street because my hot water tank does not have a shut off valve. I have been without water in my home for 4 days. In order to function I have to buy water as well as fill up containers and bowls after turning the water back on at my home for a few minutes.

First American sent out one of the worst plumbing companies in the area who diagnosed the problem and went MIA.

A representative at First American told me my problem was not an emergency. A 2nd company was sent out and First Am would not pay their fee. The guy was in the middle of the job and told me he could not continue. I am working with a 3rd plumbing company and they told me it would take at least another 4-5 days before a new hot water heater could be installed because First Am has to purchase it.

In one week, I have spoken to at lease 8 different reps at First Am and only one was kind enough to try and help me.No one should have to go a week or longer without water.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Service Scheduling

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Way my service request was mishandled

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Fahw Water Heater Replacement
Review category
Household Services
review #734194 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with First American Home Warranty? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
138 of 360 First American Home Warranty reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 14, 2015 #1078636

Issue resolved

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.