I contacted first american a week ago because I stepped onto a wet carpet in my bedroom.My hot water tank located behind a panel in my closet was rusted out at the bottom and leaking.

Related: First American Home Warranty - Always pay monthly premium not annual!!

I have had to shut my water off at the street because my hot water tank does not have a shut off valve. I have been without water in my home for 4 days. In order to function I have to buy water as well as fill up containers and bowls after turning the water back on at my home for a few minutes.

First American sent out one of the worst plumbing companies in the area who diagnosed the problem and went MIA.

A representative at First American told me my problem was not an emergency. A 2nd company was sent out and First Am would not pay their fee. The guy was in the middle of the job and told me he could not continue. I am working with a 3rd plumbing company and they told me it would take at least another 4-5 days before a new hot water heater could be installed because First Am has to purchase it.

In one week, I have spoken to at lease 8 different reps at First Am and only one was kind enough to try and help me.No one should have to go a week or longer without water.

Review about: Fahw Water Heater Replacement.

I didn't like: Way my service request was mishandled.

1.5
Service Scheduling
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with First American Home Warranty?

Comments