2.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Not certain of the process used by First American Home Warranty in marketing for respective contractors, but they seem to dispatch some of the worse boy in customer service, knowledge and reputation. I contacted First American Home Warranty using an online service request on 1/12/18 to request to have my heating unit assessed.

They dispatched North Star Mechanical, Inc, who contacted me over 48 hours later and demonstrated very poor customer service indicating they could give me an arrival time between 9 AM - 5 PM; which I determined was ridiculous! I called First American Home on 1/15/18 to request a different contractor. They then dispatched Air Service who contacted me on 1/15 and established an appointment date/time for 1/16/18 between 1:00 - 3:00 PM. I agreed, only to receive a call at 1:04 PM indicating my appointment would need to be rescheduled for the following evening.

I contacted First American Home Warranty once again to request yet a third contractor. This is utterly ridiculous. It's 16 degrees outdoors and I need to have my heating unit assessed as it appears to be functioning improperly. At this point I am a very dissatisfied customer and at the end of the current home warranty contract with First American Home Warranty, I will not renew.

Perhaps First American Home Warranty needs to change their processes allowing the buyer/customer to choose the desired repair company such that a more reputable company is used for repair work and customers are then more satisfied with the selection. My next step is to submit a complaint to The BBB.

Review about: First American Home Warranty Homeowners Policy Claim.

I liked: Website service request.

I didn't like: Unable to choose reputable contractor.

Comments

One of the worse customer service reps. Tried to explain to the rep my situation would not let me speak kept talking over me.