1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I had First American home Warranty for a year and had used it once but then right as the year mark came up I had 3 things break.My shower, refrigerator, and air conditioning.

Shower was fixed with no issues. I placed a claim to have my refrigerator fixed and they assigned a company that I was never able to make an appointment with then they reassigned the claim after 2 weeks and the company came out and said the fan was broke and they needed to order a part. About a week later the contractor not the warranty company called and said the part was under warranty from Samsung and I would need to call them. First American told us after we called them we had to reach out to Samsung.

I contacted Samsung and they advised it was not in warranty. First American still said it was under warranty and gave me issues. We have called multiple times and they never noted the account and kept saying they were escalating the claim and to call back but no one ever knew what was going on. I am still waiting over a month later without a fridge.

Today they again stated they would take care of it. Now on to my AC. It stopped working and they sent someone out who checked my unit and said it was super dirty and there was nothing else wrong with it and the claim was denied because it was dirty. They wanted to charge me almost $3000 to clean the unit since the claim was denied.

I contacted an outside AC company for a second opinion and found out the unit was actually extremely clean and the reason it stopped working was that the capacitor for the outside unit had broke. They replaced this part and topped my Freon off and low and behold the AC started working. I paid out of pocket because I live in Florida and needed AC. I contacted First American and asked them to reimburse and they refused saying since their contractor said it was one thing should have consulted them before fixing it to appeal it.

Well I couldn't wait another week without AC.

When I explained everything to them they told me it was not there problem and I should have waited.Needless to say I have since cancelled my coverage through them and will find coverage elsewhere.

Review about: First American Home Warranty Home Warranty.

I didn't like: Deceptive practices, Did not honor warranty.

Had an Experience with First American Home Warranty?

Comments