Tyler, Texas
100% full Resolved
1.7
Service Scheduling

August 8th still no AC and hot as the place the devil lives!

About a month ago my AC went out. I contacted First American and they found a contractor to administer the repairs. The unit need a new compressor. About 3 days after the visit from the contractor they got the okay from First American to start the work and the contractor "claimed" they ordered the part, it would be here in three days. Three days came and went no calls or updates from EITHER party. My wife called on day number 4 and the contractor told her that the part had not been shipped yet. The secretary blamed the parts vendor and said she was having it shipped out right away. I seriously doubted the problem was with the parts vendor. Instead of the contractor showing any kind of concern due to the fact my house is a constant 90 degrees and had the part shipped overnight, the contractor tells my wife it should be here Thursday of the following week. And the secretary makes it known that she was going to be out on vacation for two weeks! Enjoy those Piña Coladas while your at the beach!

We are now in the following week and the contractor is a no show and I had to beg First American for an update. I got the same song and dance I have got before. "We can't reach the contractor. We are emailing them for an immediate update. We are notifying your case manager to stay on top of this..." BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. To add insult to injury they are telling me that this is the only contractor in the area that work with AC problems. This is the part that REALLY angers me. There are of a lot of A list contractors in my area. I have a suggestion... STOP being so darn cheap and reach out to one of these other guys and pay them what they are worth.

You have a contract with me and you're telling me if the current mom and pop shop won't complete the repairs that I am out of luck? Then what the heck am I paying you for? You have no problem debiting my account monthly. This isn't a leaky pipe, or a broken dishwasher. I could deal with that. This is potentially a LIFE THREATENING situation where temperatures are soaring into the 100's. I have young children for crying out loud! With all due respect I don't live in temperate sunny California. If the temp here in Texas wasn't so extreme, I would make such a fuss. I am asking and pleading with you to do right by this customer.

Review about: First American Home Warranty Warranty.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Lack of concern, Customer resolution, Warranty, Scripted responses, No returned calls.

Had an Experience with First American Home Warranty?

Comments

Wow, you're singing my song! My AC went out in July -also in Texas- and I went TWO MONTHS!

Horrible company, but really good at the runaround!