First American Home Warranty - Totally Blown Away by FAHW's Business Practices!
Update added by user Nov 28, 2016
Anyone interested, here's what I've found about a pending class action against FAHW. http://uphelp.org/sites/default/files/2014-10-09-consolidated_class_action_complaint-ecf_115_1.pdf
Informative reading that may shed some light on your frustrations.
Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2016
I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover.
I closed on my house 17OCT2016 and moved in that day. The seller's purchased this warranty and it was transferred to me during the closing. I felt good knowing that I had extra security in the purchase of my 1997 built home, but was I about to be shockingly alarmed.
I used the bathroom in the MB on 17OCT2016 and noticed a leak from the tank and turned the toilet line water shutoff off. When I came back to diagnose the toilet problem Sunday 23OCT2016, I turned on the water shutoff and had the toilet line CPVC pipe break on me just behind the wall! I went to the crawl space to see if I could find the house shutoff and barely was touching another waterline when that line snapped too! I had to shut off the water at the meter box at the street. To my chagrin and horror, the water soaked the MB new carpet, pooled downstairs through the ceiling of the front door foyer, and soaked the wood flooring and new carpet downstairs in the living room.
To make a long story short, FAHW sent their plumber out and their plumber told me that he hated working on CPVC because the lines are difficult to repair due to brittleness with age. He wrote up the damage order and sent it into FAHW. I checked their website 2 days later only to find out then that they had denied my claim stating that the plumbing company said that I broke the lines and this is not normal wear and tear. I called them repeatedly to plead my case to them how their brochure and their website states that their basic plan covers "coverage of unknown conditions" and "Plumbing System (includes polybutylene piping)". The seller's had purchased the "Eagle Premier + Sellers Coverage" for the house to transfer at the closing to me.
I'm now fighting it out with FAHW still for them to honor and do what their warranty claims. I filed a claim with the NCDOJ and they have sent FAHW a letter to see what they will do to resolve this issue. The latest (02NOV2016) is that FAHW wanted me to get a licensed contractor to send a report to me stating that CPVC brittleness is due to normal wear and tear. Not only did I find one, who wrote them the report, but 5 different plumbers telling me that this is a known issue with CPVC, as well as FAHW's own original plumber! The company that wrote the report for me said that's why they have their customers sign a waiver before work begins in order to inform them about the issues with CPVC! I'm still waiting to hear what FAHW will do... So... DO yourself a favor folks! Avoid doing business with this company at all costs and save yourselves the aggravation and headache!
SO, if you want someone else who will be part of the class action against FAHW, count me in!
RH of NC
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- First American Home Warranty Claim
- Review category
- Household Services
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on. I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes. I noticed..."
- "First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation is a deceptive operation, after paying my monthly payment I needed repair on my furnace, they sent their company out that tried to fault..."
- "August 8th still no AC and hot as the place the devil lives! About a month ago my AC went out. I contacted First American and they found a contractor to..."
- "Looking for teaching jobs in Vietnam? Don't go to Thai Binh Duong or Thái Bình Dương center. They stand for broken promises, take money from teachers without telling, lying about..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "I wrote this review back on Saturday, December 12th, 2015 and a lot of what I am going to say is a repeat, but there will be some updates as..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "Automobile Club Of Southern California is a Fraud! Do Not Do Business With Them! I did sign up for their Services, however, since I did Not need their Services after all since..."