First American Home Warranty - Totally Blown Away by FAHW's Business Practices!
Update added by user Nov 28
Anyone interested, here's what I've found about a pending class action against FAHW. http://uphelp.org/sites/default/files/2014-10-09-consolidated_class_action_complaint-ecf_115_1.pdf
Informative reading that may shed some light on your frustrations.
Original review posted by user Nov 15
I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover.
I closed on my house 17OCT2016 and moved in that day. The seller's purchased this warranty and it was transferred to me during the closing. I felt good knowing that I had extra security in the purchase of my 1997 built home, but was I about to be shockingly alarmed.
I used the bathroom in the MB on 17OCT2016 and noticed a leak from the tank and turned the toilet line water shutoff off. When I came back to diagnose the toilet problem Sunday 23OCT2016, I turned on the water shutoff and had the toilet line CPVC pipe break on me just behind the wall! I went to the crawl space to see if I could find the house shutoff and barely was touching another waterline when that line snapped too! I had to shut off the water at the meter box at the street. To my chagrin and horror, the water soaked the MB new carpet, pooled downstairs through the ceiling of the front door foyer, and soaked the wood flooring and new carpet downstairs in the living room.
To make a long story short, FAHW sent their plumber out and their plumber told me that he hated working on CPVC because the lines are difficult to repair due to brittleness with age. He wrote up the damage order and sent it into FAHW. I checked their website 2 days later only to find out then that they had denied my claim stating that the plumbing company said that I broke the lines and this is not normal wear and tear. I called them repeatedly to plead my case to them how their brochure and their website states that their basic plan covers "coverage of unknown conditions" and "Plumbing System (includes polybutylene piping)". The seller's had purchased the "Eagle Premier + Sellers Coverage" for the house to transfer at the closing to me.
I'm now fighting it out with FAHW still for them to honor and do what their warranty claims. I filed a claim with the NCDOJ and they have sent FAHW a letter to see what they will do to resolve this issue. The latest (02NOV2016) is that FAHW wanted me to get a licensed contractor to send a report to me stating that CPVC brittleness is due to normal wear and tear. Not only did I find one, who wrote them the report, but 5 different plumbers telling me that this is a known issue with CPVC, as well as FAHW's own original plumber! The company that wrote the report for me said that's why they have their customers sign a waiver before work begins in order to inform them about the issues with CPVC! I'm still waiting to hear what FAHW will do... So... DO yourself a favor folks! Avoid doing business with this company at all costs and save yourselves the aggravation and headache!
SO, if you want someone else who will be part of the class action against FAHW, count me in!
RH of NC
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- First American Home Warranty Claim
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "This company deals with â€œhalf truths.â€ Upon hiring, you are promised a seemingly incredible income, with all types of advancement opportunities. Strictly for the birds.As a salesperson, you are..."
- "Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house. It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out..."
- "Window World thied to put my NEW replacement windows in my brick house cut out 4 windows put up wood and didnt seal or clean up I had to sealand..."
- "Back on Saturday, April 30th, 2016, I used my American Express Credit Card to pay my contractor $20,000.00 for a job that has Not Been Finished! The way that I paid..."
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "Purchased 8 wall mounted vintage looking exterior lights for our new restaurant August 2014. Items received are very low quality and no help / service from the reseller Norther Tool..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "This was my first time ordering from fanatics only to learn to just buy from the actual nba store or lakers store next time. They sent me a woman's kobe..."