Resolved
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Nov 17, 2017

Let contractor get the part (same day) and they installed it. Furnace working fine. Only 4 weeks since it went bad.

Update by user Nov 17, 2017

FAHW offered me $60 for a space heater after my repeated complaints and calls.They also decided to let my contractor get the right part.

Guess what... they got it today and installed it. This could have been done in resolved in 3 days maximum if they would have done this right from the start. Told they ordered part in bulk.

To bad, now they have a lot of the wrong part.Guess that saved them some money???

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2017

Furnace stopped working.called for service.

Given a contractor. Called them, 4-5 days to even look at it. I called another contractor that I was referred to by a friend... they could be there next AM.

Called FAHW, they said "oh yea, they are on our list. You can use them". They came out, diagnosed they problem said they could have parts in 2 days. They submitted part list to FAHW.

They needed a day to find a "supplier". I was told parts ordered on the 31st. Then told, 5-7 business days for parts to get to contractor (2 weeks since I called for repair). after 6 days waiting on parts I contacted FAHW again.

I was then told "parts shipped on the 1st of the next month" (5-7 bus. days from then). after waiting the appointed 7 business days I called contractor who told me part still were not in. Contacted FAHW again!

told parts were sent "will call" and "that the contractor was to pick up". Contractor never picks up parts and has them delivered direct. 2 days later, parts are in, contractor coming to install. When parts are installed they didn't work.

told parts came in plain box with no schematics or other information. they double checked to see if that was the proper part.. low and behold they don't know what it's for????? 3 1/2 weeks with no heat and waiting on them still.

bet their hand are nice and toasty right now as I try to heat a 2000 sq.

ft.home with a fireplace and a space heater.

Review about: First American Home Warranty Furnace Warranty.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Being held hostage by an insensitive thoughtless company, Forced to wait for their approved suppliers.

Comments