Background - We have a home warranty through First American Home Warranty company, if you are not familiar with them here are a few links to let you know the type of company they are:

Precision Door came out today to inspect the broken spring. They arrived on time, only good thing about this company, and began to look over the garage door. Looking back I should have known something was up when the tech stated 'is this an old garage door opener?', given that we had just moved into the house I had no idea. What i do know is that up until the torsion spring broken this past weekend the garage door opener was working without any issues.

Now here is where the scam comes in, Precision Door Service gets 60 bucks for coming out no matter what, even if they dont resolve the problem. As part of the scam with FAHW, they inspect the garage door, the opener, and rollers and what not. Precision Door Service then calls the warranty company and tells them there recommendation. Once that has been done, but before they tell you (the customer) anything they collect their 60 service fee and tell you that the warranty company will be calling you shortly and they will 'hang out' until you speak with the warranty company. So....warranty company calls me and stats that the garage door doesn't meet "current safety standards" and given that they will not replace the torsion spring UNTIL......get ready for it.....the garage door opener is replaced. And wouldn't you know Precision Door Service happily let the warranty company know they would replace the WORKING garage door opener for 325.00 dollars.

Now lets review, the garage door opener was working just fine, but since the torsion spring is broken is unable to lift the garage door. In order to get the torsion spring fixed I am to replace the working garage door opener. Immediately after speaking with the warranty company I knew this was a scam. How could one possibly inspect the garage door opener for safety when the torsion spring is currently broken.

Review about: Precision Door Service Garage Door Repair.

Had an Experience with First American Home Warranty?

Comments

First american is the worst company ever they sent out sub standard contracters to service your needs .do not buy their protection it's beyond awful.