Here's the story -- when I moved in, the hot water heater wasn't working. I was very, very busy & didn't have time to look into it myself. I thought ok, it's on the warranty, I'll let them worry about it.

So I called them up. I had to sit on hold for 30 minutes before someone answered the phone. Finally they did. I described the problem. They said they would call a local company, submit an order, and someone would be out before 5 pm that day. But it would cost $60 for the housecall. I said ok, because I was very busy with other stuff.

5 pm came & went, and no sign of a service guy. Nothing the next day either. Finally, and almost by accident, I found the very hidden fuse box that controlled the water heater. For whatever reason, it was in a completely different place from the main fuse box. All I had to do was reset the circuit breaker, and the problem was solved.

So then I had to call them again to cancel the order. I spent another 30 minutes on hold before they answered the phone. Finally I got to cancel the order. It was the single worst customer service experience I had have ever had, bar none. They sucked up over an hour of my time, misled me, and provided exactly nothing of value.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of first american home warranty claim from First American Home Warranty. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants First American Home Warranty to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was lack of concern for their customers. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by First American Home Warranty for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with First American Home Warranty?

Comments